3.16 Lakh Candidates Placed in Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The placement under its flagship scheme for 2016-2020 is categorised as wages and self-employment. An approximate of 76% of the placements made were in wages while the rest 24% were in self-employment.
A majority of the wage placements were in the sectors of electronics, hardware, beauty and wellness, logistics, retail, telecom, security, textiles, agriculture, and handlooms.'Self-employed candidates are encouraged and supported in availing Mudra Loans through the UdyamiMitra Portal. Currently, more than 10,000 candidates have applied for these loans,' said Rajesh Agrawal, the Joint Secretary & CVO of MSDE.
Courtesy : Dailhunt