Mansoon special: 9 tips to protect your health this monsoon seasoon
Mumbai is receiving very heavy rainfall since Thursday morning. There have been reportrs of water-logging in Dadar, Parel, Cuff Parade, Bandra, Borivali and Andheri.
Monsoon sees our health needing special attention. The season comes with a variety of waterborne diseases. Problems like cough, cold, fever, eye infections, malaria, dengue and hepatitis are also very common during the monsoon.
Here are a few tips to protect your health this monsson.
1. Avoid eating outside food like bhel, pakodas, panipuri etc as consuming such foods increases the chances of contamination and illness during monsoon.
2. Avoid storing food for long as uncooked vegetables and pre-cut fruits get spoilt faster and have more chances of contamination.
3. Wash vegetables and fruits regularly. And make sure your produce is fresh. Make sure vegetables and fruits you use are fresh. Soak them in salt-water (add 2 teaspoon salt in 1 litre water) for 5 to 7 mins. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water before use.
4. Use herbs and spices as they help improving immunity. Tulsi, ginger, garlic, turmeric are good options.
5. Drink boiled safe water as water borne illnesses become very prevalent during the rainy season.
6. Make use of Alum to get purified water, do not drink uncovered water and use water purifiers at home.
7. Wash your hands properly before handling food. Use handkerchief while sneezing, coughing etc. Personal cleanliness should be maintained to avoid contamination of food.
8. Mosquito repellents and nets should be used to prevent insects from biting you. Monsoon sees the highest cases of dengue and malaria.
9. Boost Immunity with citrus fruits. Include Orange, lemon, gooseberry (amla) in your diet. Vitamin C rich fruits will help in boosting immunity.